I was on holiday last week, so this one’s coming to you later than usual.
I probably should have done something clever like schedule it in advance, but I didn’t have time for that, sadly. It’s been a busy month, celebrating birthdays, selling our flat, monitoring our blood sugar. You know, the usual stuff!
✨ Highlights from last month #
- Spent time in German celebrating the 90th birthday of Rebekka’s Opa.
- Celebrating my own birthday with family and friends.
- Spent two weeks wearing a blood glucose monitor (and doing a bunch of other tests) for the Zoe personalised nutrition program.
- Took a family trip to Cornwall; where we spent time in Portscatho, Falmouth, St Mawes, Mevagissy and at the fantastic Eden Project.
🕸 Elsewhere on the web #
- Modern CSS in Real Life. A beast of a post from Chris Coyier with fantastic examples of working with Logic Properties and layout, Container Queries and Units, Cascade layers, Colors and View Transitions. Worth spending some time on this one.
- 11 HTML best practices for login & sign-up forms. Lots of great tips from Andrey Sitnik.
- Low-tech Magazine is now built using Hugo. Huge fan of low-tech magazine, huge fan of Hugo.
- The State of CSS 2023 survey is live. Help build the future of CSS!
- I just discovered Spinal CMS. Finally, there’s a new Git-based CMS on the block. It’s about time.
🗓 What I’m up to this month #
- Working on the identity for a new solar power business.
- Working on Practical Hugo and my second Hugo theme.
- Revisiting my SCSS/CSS stater.
Thank you for reading #
Thanks for tuning in for another issue.
Please share this with a friend if you think they might enjoy it.
If this is your first time here you can subscribe via RSS or subscribe via email. It would be great to have you onboard.
Seeing you in the next one.