Happy New Year!
I hope you’ve all had a positive start to 2024.
It’s taken a few days to get back into the flow of things, so this one’s out a little later than I planned. I’ll try and hit publish on the 1st going forward.
Anyway, here’s what I got up to in December, a few things from around the web and what I have planned for the month ahead.
Highlights from December #
- Moved into our new house!
- Launched a new thing - cu.css – and published a a post introducing the project.
- Published my review of 2023.
- Read The Conspiracy Tourist by Dom Joly.
- Enjoyed the 2 Christmas parties – oh the joy of being freelance!
- Finished The Crown.
- Spent time with family and friends.
Elsewhere on the web #
- Getting started with Web Performance from Alistair Shepherd is a really great resource which includes a bunch of course, books and blogs for taking your knowledge further. As is Ten optimisation tips for an initial web performance audit also from Alistair.
- Preparing For Interaction To Next Paint, A New Web Core Vital from Geoff Graham. In March 2024, Interaction to Next Paint will formally replace First Input Delay as a Core Web Vital metric.
- Things I learned in 2023 from Carl Barenbrug.
- Untools: Tools for better thinking. A collection of thinking tools and frameworks to help you solve problems, make decisions and understand systems.
- CSS only “scroll-to-top” from Stefan Judis. A nifty trick to build a “scroll to top” component.
What I’m up to in January #
- Migrating buxtonthreetwo.com over to Hugo and Cloudcannon.
- Working on a bunch of cu.css post launch improvements
- Picking up where I left off with Practical Hugo.
- Working Mew app v2.0.4
- Writing about my OKR setup in Obsidian
Thank you for reading #
Thanks for tuning in for another issue.
Please share this with a friend if you think they might enjoy it.
If this is your first time here you can subscribe via RSS or subscribe via email. It would be great to have you onboard.
Seeing you in the next one.