I’m a bit late getting this one out, I know. I was traveling last week and generally preoccupied with other commitments. After a busy few months with client projects, I hope to find more time in the coming weeks for writing and personal projects.
Anyway, here’s the latest.
✨ Highlights from last month #
- Spent 3 days in Rye and what a gem of a place it is. It feels like stepping back in time, with a ton of great pubs and some fantastic places to eat.
- Last week I was in Hamburg, then spent the weekend in Berlin. We stayed in Hood House again, which never disappoints. Also made it to the Futurium exhibition, which is well worth a visit.
- I’ve been running a lot. Highlights include a 12km run along the Southbank and 2 x 9km runs around the Alster in Hamburg.
- I finally made it to the Hemel Snow Center for freestyle evening. Nailed a couple of 360s after a few hours of practice.
- Went to see Harry Potter and the Cursed Child at the Palace Theatre. It’s brilliant – the storyline is great and the special effects are impressive.
- I finally parted ways with Adobe and their ridiculous termination fees. 🎉
🕸 Elsewhere on the web #
- An end to typographic widows on the web from Richard Rutter.
- Josh W. Comeau’s The End of Front-End Development is well worth a read if you’re concerned that AI will make your job obsolete.
- Robustness and least power. An oldie from Jeremy Keith that somehow resurfaced this month.
- Seeing Beauty in Basic To-Do Lists. I enjoyed reading about Carl Barenbrug’s Minimal approach to todo lists. I’ve been thinking about doing something similar with Obsidian.
- “Writing is the process by which you realize that you do not understand what you are talking about. Importantly, writing is also the process by which you figure it out.” Shane Parrish in Why Write?
- Free Fonts For Interface Designers. Cosima Mielke with a handful of beautiful, well-crafted fonts for headings and body text.
🗓 What I’m up to this month #
- Writing content for Practical Hugo.
- Spending time with my family over Easter.
- Seeing friends from Hamburg in London.
- Reading Winter in Madrid.
Thank you for reading #
Thanks for tuning in for another issue.
Please share this with a friend if you think they might enjoy it.
If this is your first time here you can subscribe via RSS or subscribe via email. It would be great to have you onboard.
Seeing you in the next one.