If you’re here for the first time, I made this site as a place to share my experience working as a designer and building things on the internet.
I write articles about my process, design ideas and coding. I also record interesting things I’m learning from books, courses and various other material in the form of notes. I hope you pick up some useful tips whilst you’re here.
More about me
I’m an independent UI Designer and Front-end Web Developer from London.
I started teaching myself design and code in 2006 whilst studying a degree in Fine Art and Art History. I tried a ‘real job’ in Insurance after graduating, but quit in 2010 to focus on making websites full time.
I currently live between London and Hamburg, where I work remotely with a handful of clients. In my free time I enjoy climbing, hiking and running. In the winter I like to ski. I practice meditation and yoga most mornings.
- Type Services is a small type foundry I set up in 2017 with a focus on hand drawn type and imperfection in type design.
- In Detail focuses on visual interviews with jewellery collectors and influencers. I co-founded and continue to work on the project with jewellery consultant Beanie Major.
Things I’ve made
- Rhythm&Sync, a simple Hugo site for a London based music, sound and visual agency.
- AIN Prototypes, a selection of front-end prototypes built for Angel Investment Network related projects.
- Lulafitness is a simple static site built with Hugo.
- Albion Cycling, a Wordpress build with Shopify integration, in collaboration with Luke Harvey.
- Dark Sky are an electronic music duo from south London. Since 2012 I have led creative direction of their artwork. You can see each release and listen to their music over on my Soundcloud page.
Where to go next
If you’re interested in building design systems in Sketch, I write about my process on Medium.
If you’re interested in working with me, you might like to read about a few possible ways we can work together.
You can find my full résumé on LinkedIn.
Hit me up on Twitter if you have questions or just want to say hi.
Let’s keep in touch
If you’d like to keep in touch leave your email address below. Once a week, on a Friday morning, I send out a brief newsletter containing a few useful tools, articles and other things worth sharing.
If you made it this far, thanks a lot for taking the time to check out my website.