If you are here for the first time, I made this site as a place to share my experience working as a designer and building things for the internet.
When I can I document my design process and record interesting things I’m reading from books, articles and various other material. I hope you pick up some useful lessons whilst you’re here.
More about me
I started teaching myself design and code in 2006 whilst I was studying a degree in Fine Art and Art History. I tried a “real job” in Insurance after graduating, but quit in 2010 to focus on making websites.
Right now I live between London and Hamburg where I work remotely with a handful of clients. In my free time I enjoy climbing, hiking and skiing. I try to meditate and practice yoga every morning.
- Type Services is a small type foundry I set up in 2017 with a focus on hand drawn type and imperfection in type design.
- In Detail focuses on visual interviews with jewellery collectors and influencers. I co-founded and continue to work on the project with jewellery consultant Beanie Major.
Things I’ve made
- AIN Prototypes, a selection of front-end prototypes built for Angel Investment Network related projects.
- Lulafitness is a simple static site built with Hugo.
- Albion Cycling, a Wordpress build with Shopify integration, in collaboration with Luke Harvey.
- Dark Sky are an electronic music duo from south London. Since 2012 I have led creative direction of their artwork. You can see each release and listen to their music over on my Soundcloud page.
Where to go next
There are a few places to go from here. I write about design systems over on Medium. And share my ideas about design, code and building products on this site. Hit me up on Twitter if you have questions or just want to say hi. To see my full resume head to LinkedIn.
If you’re interested in working with me, you might like to read about a few possible ways we can work together.
Let’s keep in touch
If you made it this far, thanks a lot. I appreciate you taking the time to look at my website.
If you’d like to keep in touch leave your email address below. Once a week, on a Friday morning, I send out a brief newsletter containing a few useful tools, articles and other things worth sharing.